Yes we think we know it all – but there lies a danger!
Here is a quick article outlining some of the basics which you may not have seen for some reason; or more likely; you have just plain forgotten!!
- Proper skin care is about more than just looking attractive. You can feel better both physically and mentally if your skin is healthy. There are some helpful ideas in the article below that can get you started on a skin care routine that is right for you. Happy skin is healthy and beautiful.
- Apple cider vinegar is very beneficial for the treatment of pimples. The cider will replenish moisture where acne has dried out your skin. Do it in the morning as you don’t want to put it all over your bed.
- Try alpha-hydroxy treatments to get beautiful skin. Alpha-hydroxy acids are present in several milks, wines, and fruits. These acids help break down protein bonds that make dead skin remain on the surface. Ex-foliate gently to remove dead skin.
- If you suffer from facial inflammation and huge pores, eat watercress. Watercress will also help minimize pore size as well as many other positive health effects. Watercress is as good for your whole body as it is for your skin.
- Use a cotton ball or makeup sponge to apply your sunscreen. The sponge will spread the sunscreen more evenly and you won’t have to touch the lotion. Apply sunscreen with a sponge instead of your fingertips. This allows your skin to fully absorb the product without having to touch your face with your hands.
- Water is very beneficial for the treatment of your skin. Drinking plenty of water keeps your skin moist. This counters damaging sun or other factors and will hydrate your skin and your cells will become more hydrated. This is just one thing that will make for healthy looking skin, which in turn will help a person to look healthier, too.
- Check out ingredients on the products you own to stop redness. It’s best to use products with a minimum amount of ingredients. Ingredient overload can wreak havoc on your highly sensitive skin. This can very well make your skin redder. In fact, they could even cause a major break-out.
- Make clothing softer by using fabric softener during washing and drying. If your clothes are soft, they will not suck moisture from the skin. This is particularly useful if you are in a dry environment.
- Always read the label before purchasing a sunscreen. Different sunscreens can contain vastly different things. The best sunscreens that can keep UV rays that are harmful away need to have an ingredient that’s a broad-spectrum one, like titanium dioxide or zinc oxide. Check the label for other ingredients that can irritate skin.
- Foods that contain Vitamin E are a great way to get healthier looking skin and hair. Vitamin E contains many antioxidants that will help ward off free radicals. Papaya and blueberries are a great source of vitamin E. You may also wish to consider greens which are dark and leafy as an additional source.
- Do not hesitate to contact a dermatologist in the event of skin care issues that threaten to overwhelm you. Any skin issue that can’t be resolved at home with a few tried and true methods deserves a trip to the dermatologist. Always consult with an expert when you have exhausted basic good skin care practice to no avail.
There you go.
Not an exhaustive list & also not an obvious one either !
Thanks for reading – The Skin Clinic
Reference/ ‘The Science’: